If you operate a business where your employees may be at risk of injuries at the workplace then you definitely need a worker’s compensation insurance policy. This insurance policy provides medical and disability coverage for employees who are injured while on the job.
There are a number of worker’s compensation policies out there that at least cover the injured employee’s medical bills and compensate them for the workdays lost.
What does a worker’s compensation insurance policy cover?
A standard worker’s insurance policy covers:
- Income benefits (pay a percentage of the employee’s lost wages)
- Medical benefits (pay for medical care to treat on-job injuries)
- Burial benefits (pay for a portion of funeral expenses)
- Death benefits (pay a percentage of lost wages to an employee killed on job)
What does the worker’s compensation policy NOT cover?
A standard worker’s compensation policy doesn’t cover:
- Injuries resulting from drug or alcohol intoxication
- Self-inflicted injuries
- Injuries inflicted by someone else for personal reasons
- Injuries inflicted by ‘acts of God’
- Injuries from voluntary participation in the company’s recreational events
Why Do You Need A Worker’s Compensation Policy?
Most companies are requested by their state laws to carry worker’s compensation insurance; however, in any state, companies must find a private carrier for this type of business insurance policy. To be precise, it is mandatory for businesses to have worker’s compensation policies (although there might be some exceptions.) Worker’s compensation insurance also helps protect companies against the cost of defending employment related claims brought up by employees.
When you choose us at SOS Insurance, we make sure that you are able to secure the best worker’s compensation policy for your business. Our contacts with the top insurance companies in California help us narrow down the perfect set of options where you can choose the type of coverage that you wish to offer to your employees. Moreover, you can also choose the one that perfectly suits you budget and other needs.
How To Start?
You don’t need to fill out any long forms or go through painstakingly long procedures. All you need to do is send us over your preferences in the worker compensation insurance quote form and we will get back to you as soon as possible with options that you will surely find suitable!